Theme: Small Cup? - The four men used for the theme all have AA in their names and the reveal is about batteries, not bra size, but I'm more DF than that.
17A. Johnny Carson's predecessor : JACK PAAR
21A. "Misery" co-star : JAMES CAAN
36A. "I, Robot" author : ISAAC ASIMOV
55A. Vice president involved in a historic duel : AARON BURR
61A. Common batteries, and a feature of 17-, 21-, 36- and 55-Across : DOUBLE A'S
A newly refurbished Argyle here. Jeff has started our week off with a nice, compact puzzle. I admit if I had started with the reveal, I'd have had a easier time with the spelling of the gentlemen's names.
1. Frying pan spray : PAM
4. Fanatic's feeling : ZEAL
8. Player on stage : ACTOR
13. Santa __: city SE of Los Angeles : ANA
14. "Joy of Cooking" writer Rombauer : IRMA. Rombauer privately published The Joy of Cooking in 1931.
15. Curvy ski race : SLALOM
19. "I need a hug" : "HOLD ME"
20. Pong producer : ATARI
23. Pat of "The Karate Kid" : MORITA. "wax on, wax off" Image
25. Binary code digit : ONE
26. Animal like new? : GNU
27. "Famous" cookie creator : AMOS
28. Floated upward : ROSE
31. Alternative to leaving a test question blank : GUESS
33. Roget entry: Abbr. : SYN
34. Pulled in different directions : TORN
35. Pasty : WAN
40. "Car Talk" airer : NPR. Although radio stations quiver when the Tappet Brothers say it, "National Public Radio".
41. Front of a clock : FACE
42. LAX approximation : ETA
45. Worry persistently : BROOD
48. Blue state? : FUNK
49. Dab at with a towel, as a spill : BLOT
50. __ Tin Tin : RIN. Early TV dog.
51. NATO part: Abbr. : ATL. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization
53. Turn like a chair : SWIVEL
59. Justice Kagan of the Supreme Court : ELENA. Sorry, but she looks more like a homeroom mother.
60. Masonry finish applied when wet : STUCCO
63. Pick up the pace : HASTEN
64. Vaulted recess : APSE
65. Windsor knot neckwear : TIE
66. Clam-digging area : SHORE
67. Blacken on the grill : SEAR
68. Gore and Hirt : ALs
1. Bedtime garb : PAJAMAS
2. TV's "Grey's __" : ANATOMY
3. Cheese companion : MACARONI
4. "Not another word!" : ZIP IT
5. Prohibition __ : ERA
6. Key with three sharps: Abbr. : A MAJ. Another entry I let the perps take care of.
7. Zhivago's beloved : LARA
8. Pale : ASHEN
9. Nip and tuck contest : CLOSE GAME. I had the brief image of two plastic surgeons going head to head.
10. Skin-soothing powder : TALC
11. Golden years : OLD AGE
12. Friends-countrymen link : ROMANS
16. Lists of computer options : MENUs
18. Singer Kristofferson : KRIS. I expect we will get some more links for KRIS today.
22. Stooge with a bowl haircut : MOE
24. Cacophonous, as a crowd : AROAR
29. "The Lord of the Rings" monster : ORC
30. Major mess : SNAFU
32. Spanish 25-Across : UNO
34. Hoofer, so to speak : TAP DANCER
35. Candle threads : WICKS
37. Commercial prefix with Cone or Ball : SNO
38. Japanese honorific : SAN
39. Kraft cheese spread : VELVEETA
43. Polished part of a piggy? : TOENAIL
44. Books of maps : ATLASES
45. Full of chutzpah : BRASH
46. Rodeo gear : RIATAs
47. Surge : ONRUSH
48. Cause of chills and fever : FLU
49. Tab at a bar : BILL
52. Steak selection : T-BONE
54. Big brand in barbecues : WEBER. I like these two together.
56. Prefix with -pus : OCTO. Or with Mom.
57. Nutrient guidelines, briefly : RDAs
58. Rodeo gear : ROPE
62. Mex. neighbor : USA