Theme: Sherwood is getting crowded - Four actors who portrayed 64A in the movies at various times.
18A. "Kiss the Girls" actor (1993) : CARY ELWES. Image.
25A. "Gladiator" Oscar winner (2010) : RUSSELL CROWE. Image.
38A. "Captain Blood" star (1938) : ERROL FLYNN. Image.
53A. "Field of Dreams" star (1991) : KEVIN COSTNER. Image.
64A. Role played by each of four actors in the year indicated in their clues : ROBIN HOOD. Image.
Argyle here. Interesting theme and some good fill. Maybe a little flat but that might be just me. There are a few more Robin Hoods out there. Who's your favorite?
1. iPhone add-ons : APPs. Is there a crossword APPlication?
5. Big name in kibbles : ALPO. Dry dog food.
9. Perturb : DISMAY
15. Quantum __ : LEAP. Atomic electron transition that turned into an NBC sci-fi series in the early '90s.
16. Ponce de __ : LE�N. Reputedly explored Florida searching for the fabled Fountain of Youth. (Hello, Dennis.)
17. Speak liturgically, perhaps : INTONE. A form of public worship.
20. Leads off : STARTS
21. Thanksgiving mo. in Canada : OCT.
22. Slightly : A BIT
23. Look peaked : AIL
24. Ne'ertheless : THO. Although.
31. Lease signatory : TENANT. Signing a lease doesn't necessarily make you a TENANT.
33. "Go ahead!" : "DO IT!". Reminds me of schoolyard dares.
34. Barracks bed : COT
35. Golf's Ballesteros : SEVE. Ballesteros died of brain cancer on 7 May 2011, aged 54. Sad.
36. Potted plant spot : SILL
37. Furniture company named partly for its founder Ingvar Kamprad : IKEA
42. Plumbing joints : ELLs
45. Skin cream brand : OLAY
46. Items included in envs. : ENCS. Enclosures in envelopes.
49. Island gift : LEI
50. Tabloid twosome : ITEM
51. Agricultural measure : BUSHEL. Derived from a need to have a standard to measure wheat.
57. 67.5 deg. : ENE. East North East.
58. PC's top-left key : ESC
59. Prefix with gram : HOLO. The famous scene from Star Wars. Clip.(0:57)
60. "Because" evoker : "WHY?"
61. Player in front of a net : GOALIE
66. Take flight? : AVIATE
67. Foxx who sang "Mockingbird" : INEZ. With her brother, Charlie. Clip.(2:31)
68. Unadulterated : PURE
69. Lunatics : MADMEN. Mad Dogs and Englishmen is a song by Noel Coward; I never knew. Video.(2:50)
70. Keep on looking at, and not in a nice way : OGLE
71. Ollie's sidekick : STAN. Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy.
1. "Little Men" novelist : ALCOTT. Louisa May's follow-up to "Little Women".
2. Often flamb�ed fruit : PEACHES
3. Start of a saga, maybe : PART ONE
4. Le Carr� hero, e.g. : SPY. John le Carr� is an English author of espionage novels. And he should know; he worked for MI5 and MI6.
5. Very nearly : ALL BUT
6. "Surprised By Joy" autobiographer C.S. : LEWIS. Author of "The Chronicles of Narnia".
7. Ode writers : POETS and 63D. Dusk, to 7-Down : E'EN
8. Put-__: pranks : ONs
9. Talk smack to : DIS. To disrespect some one, not give them their props("proper respect").
10. Not broken : INTACT
11. Step in a flight : STAIR
12. Eloi predator : MORLOCK. From "The Time Machine"
13. Colony dweller : ANT
14. "It is so" : "YES"
19. Breadwinner : EARNER
26. Build up spiritually : EDIFY. But it comes from to build up, literally. Think edifice.
27. Lounge, as on a chaise : LOLL. (Hello, Dennis.)
28. Easter bloom : LILY
29. "__ is me!" : WOE
30. Greek vowel : ETA
32. Birds' biological class : AVES
36. Condemns verbally : SLAMS. Really dis.
37. Quaint lodgings : INNS
39. Univ. recruiter : ROTC
40. Marg : Brits :: __ : Americans : OLEO. I can believe it's not butter here or over there.
41. Cell with an axon : NEURON
42. Antlered critter : ELK
43. Sheltered side : LEE
44. 1985 multi-venue charity concert for Ethiopian famine : LIVE AID. Live Aid was a dual-venue concert held simultaneously in Wembley Stadium in London and John F. Kennedy Stadium in Philadelphia.
47. Read the riot act : CHEW OUT
48. Portuguese lady : SENHORA
50. Stir up : INCITE
51. British Honduras, now : BELIZE. Map.
52. __ jar: static electricity storage device : LEYDEN. Did your science lab have one?
54. Imam's faith : ISLAM
55. Beach footwear : THONG
56. Prize name : NOBEL
61. Pinup's leg : GAM. Probably from the Italian word gamba.
62. Egg cells : OVA
64. Brazilian hot spot : RIO. Rio de Janeiro.
65. Some inkjets : HPs. Hewlett-Packard Brand.